Friday, September 16, 2011

Fine Art Fridays

The great Tim Jozwick, a scenic design professor of mine, once said that the best way to learn how to draw is by copying the masters. Therefore, today's theme will be "Fine Art Friday." Below is a sketch I did with graphite and white charcoal on drawing paper, and I believe that the original is either a Renoir or a Rembrandt. I copied the picture from a book that featured drawings by both artists, and I couldn't tell you where that book is today. If anyone is really good with their art history and can figure that out for me, I'll be forever grateful! I'd hate to credit the wrong guy.

Graphite and white charcoal on drawing paper, Joa Stenning 2008. Original  by Renoir.

After today I'll be in Italy for a week, so I doubt I'll be posting anything. I'm not taking my computer with me, and I'm not even sure that the villa we're staying in has an internet connection. I could be pro-active and schedule some posts to be published automatically, but let's face it, I'm getting on a plane in a few hours so I probably won't. Enjoy the next week of your lives without me spamming your Facebook or Tumblr feed! Don't miss me too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers